The history of Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Taksówkowe started in 1951, when the state-owned company was established to provide individual taxi services to the citizens of Warsaw. Until 1990 MPT was a state-owned company, and in 1990, as a result of commercialization based on the resolution No. XIV/87/91 of 24 June 1991 of the Warsaw City Council, it was transformed into a one-member limited liability company owned by the Association of the Districts of Warsaw. On 17 April 2002, Miejskie Przedsiębiorstwo Taksówkowe sp. z o.o. was registered in the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw at KRS No. 0000101427.
MPT sp. z o.o. is owned by the Capital City of Warsaw, and its bodies are:
- Meeting of Shareholders (100% shares held by the Capital City of Warsaw)
- Supervisory Board
- Management Board
The registered office of the Company is situated in Warsaw, at Al. Jerozolimskie 184B. MPT provides taxi services. The activities of the Company are based on cooperation with professional taxi drivers who provide transportation services on the basis of their licenses to conduct domestic road transportation of people by taxi.
Looking after improving the quality of the services provided, in 2006 we were granted the Quality Management System Certificate. Currently, the certificate is consistent with the standard ISO 9001: 2008.
Annual audits are conducted to verify compliance with the subsequent certificates.